How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Cincinnati smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in total control of your Cincinnati home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Cincinnati do for you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you can even speak to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also offers total remote access and control with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View current or recorded footage from any integrated cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Cincinnati by setting schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Cincinnati
Even though many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, select email or phone and provide the information to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, press users, pick the user you would like to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Cincinnati smart home. Contact (513) 506-9171 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.